Petite Changes, Big Difference – 5 Cute Home Decor Ideas Which Won’t Break Your Bank
Decorating, reinventing and making your room look inviting are crucial. By the time you have paid your rent, bought your furniture, and forked over cash for toilet paper, the last thing you want is to drop more money.
So, do you want to make your home look luxurious on a budget? These are top 5 easy and cheap ways to decorate your living room:
- Hang arts on your public wall: There is a ton of free public domain art available that you can easily find in some of the best online furniture stores such as Crate & Barrel, West Elm, Amazon, etc. All you need is a printer and maybe a frame if you are fancy. Look out for the albums of your best shots. You can pick any theme for your walls such as weddings, birthday parties, vacations and put them in identical frames. You can also hang photos, magazine images or any other pictures on clipboards as it is sure to envy of all your artsy friends. Moreover, you can get an old picture frame, clothespins, some string, and your best photo memories printed out and you are set.
2. Find a better way to use your old stack of books: Are your shelves aren’t high enough or deep enough to accommodate oversized books? Since piled books draw everyone’s attention, you can stack them on the surface such as a bench or an end table. You could just stack them to make a fashionable side table, use them to hide unsightly things like cords or your router or just strap on a cushion on it and call it a seat.
3. Make garlands from paper cut-outs: You can make a heated template out of poster board and then trace and cut out all of the hearts. After this, sew each strand together, wrap each line around the wood and secure the strip on the top. You can place them above your bed or anywhere you wish to. Not just this, you can buy pendant lights online to install in the dining room, kitchen, hallway, foyers, bedroom and more. Pendant lights are intriguing in its simplicity as it projects a delicate pattern across its surroundings.
4. DIY a custom rug for carpet samples or revive something old: Attach a bunch of them using duct tape or display them individually. Most of us have furniture in our homes that we love, but we don’t get excited about them. So what should we do? Take some risks and give them a makeover. Also, you can paint to revive an old dresser. Choose a color and paint each drawer with a different shade to give an elegant look to your room.
5. Refresh your dining room table with different color chairs: It adds a welcome pop color to your space and is sure to brighten up your mornings. Find chairs which already come with a variety of color or if you can’t find it, spray paint them. A coat of spray paint will give your old chair a new lease on life.
Moreover, you can buy a variety of home decor online, which will turn your sweet home into a magical castle. These pocket-friendly home redecoration ideas will help you change your home decor from season to season without buying all new furniture.